We all have seasons in our lives where we struggle financially.
When you live on support or through donations, a regular paycheck does not appear each week or month.
Whether business, sales, of the missionary life, some months are good and some are difficult.
There are two kinds of people when times are lean in missions (or life for that matter.)
- Those which share their struggles and rely on one another.
- Those who use the convenience of the credit card to remain isolated and independent in their struggles.
Prior to the rise of credit cards:
- If you needed a cup of sugar you would walk to a neighbor’s house.
- When a family was struggling, the church was a great line of support.
- Even in the Bible, the poor were allowed to glean the edges of a field.
This was an acknowledgment of need.